31 July 2013

Mid-summer's reflection

It's disheartening to realize that it's almost August.  After all, summer and all it's warm, sun filled glow has been fleeting.  

A challenging season for farmer's and growers, the honeybees and butterflies.


I'm hopefully optimistic.  Effective tomorrow, sunshine and blue skies from here on in (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).
  
While we wait for the heat to return and the cutting gardens to burst into bloom we prepare for a very special August event sure to bring a summer smile.  

A quick stroll around the gardens this week reveals a lovely collection of perennial goodness, slow and steady growth in the annual cutting gardens, wind and torrential rain damaged delphiniums, mud puddles and nesting birds.  The peonies came and went, fast and furious.  One day they were barely in bud, the next in full bloom, the next, rain soaked and done.  



We are closed this Sunday, August 4th, hoping to enjoy the second last long weekend of the summer, BUT you can join us here tomorrow, THURSDAY, AUGUST 1st from 1 - 4 pm.  
Enjoy this mid-summer's day special where almost everything is 25% off.  



On Saturday, August 3rd, you will find me at the Thunder Bay Country Market which has temporarily re-located to the Labour Centre on Fort William Road (across from Intercity).  And, I will have a guest sharing my market table . . . my husband Brad will be joining me with his wonderful pottery.  Yay!  

Now, off to do some weedin' and such . . .

{images:  theurbanfarmchick.blogspot.com}


No comments:

Post a Comment