22 August 2014

A quick evening stroll . . .

. . . around the gardens tonight.  Something I don't think I've taken time to do in forever.  The light was perfect and some of my very favourite things are coming along ~ better late than never?


Grasses ~ I go gaga over Wheat and Setaria every year.


This Agastache 'Indigo', survived I'm sure as a result of all of that fantastic 
s-n-o-w cover last winter.  It's a zone 5 and a stunning, dark tone unlike any of the others I have grown


The bees adore Agastache.


I have discovered a seed company that offers an incredible selection of grasses.  I can hardly wait to tuck these into a market bouquet.


Almost!


And this precious little gem . . .  ADENOPHORA triphylla.
A charming Ladybell bearing flared open blue bells in whorls around the stem.  
She is much more beautiful in person.  I started these from seed last spring and am not disappointed by their petite nodding heads in just the perfect shade of purple blue.   A limited number of 2nd year perennial plants will be for sale at the market in September ~ a perfect planting time. 

Here's to evening strolls around the garden.  Rain or shine, enjoy a really lovely weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment